[b-hebrew] Someone knows?
uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 16:39:04 EDT 2011
Yes, and the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
Uri Hurwitz Great Neck, NY
1. A dagesh routinely follows a patax, a xirik, and a qubuc, in a
letter not marked by a schwa.
2. There is no "quiescent" schwa nor "mobile" schwa in Hebrew, only
3. A closed syllable is closed, and an opened syllable is open. There
is no need to open and close anything.
4. There is no, and there never was, short and long vowels in Hebrew.
5. The dagesh is a dead thing, it is but a remnant of an ancient
reading hints system. Throw the dagesh out and you will not miss it.
Isaac Fried, Boston University
More information about the b-hebrew