[b-hebrew] Noun in -WT

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Apr 21 10:20:32 EDT 2011

The attached personal pronouns (PP) are not (NOT!) the separate ones.
All we have to know about the attached PP is:

1. That they are PP.
2. What or who is referred.

He who knows Hebrew knows that the U in XAN-U is for the parkers.
He who knows Hebrew knows that XAN-U-T is a store and that XAN-IY-T
is a spear.
He who knows Hebrew knows that K-O-S is a cup, that K-IY-S is a
pocket, and that K-U-S is another cup-shaped thing (into colloquial
Hebrew from Arabic).

Isaac Fried, Boston University