[b-hebrew] Noun in -WT

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:33:30 EDT 2011

Pere:

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Pere Porta <pporta7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I intended, Karl, to discuss within the boundaries of the most elementary
> nouns ending -WT
>
> Your list, indeed, is a very mixed one: nearly the half of the nouns are
> but plurals (ending in -WT = -OT)

I skipped those that are obvious plurals.

But when one has words that have what appear to be singular meanings, but
ending in -WT with no, none, examples in Tanakh of a singular form with a -H
suffix, I then list them according to the forms found in Tanakh. I prefer
that to listing them under  unattested forms according to theory. What do
you think?

> Regarding MW$Y(WT....... where does it appear?

Whoops! A typo. Thanks for catching it.

MW$(WT found in Psalm 68:21 (20 in English).