[b-hebrew] Northern and Southern Hebrew?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:10:39 EDT 2011

Yigal:

Jeremiah 6:21 has רעו R(W and he was pre-Exile and Southern, but to be
balanced, he used רעהו R(HW 13 times. It could be that רעו R(W was a
recognized “low-life” use that may have been used for centuries, just not
recognized as being “literary” (in the same manner as “aint” in English has
been used for centuries, but is still not “respectable”).

רעו R(W is never found in a “northern” context in Tanakh.

Karl W. Randolph.