[b-hebrew] hiriq, tzereh, dagesh

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 19:33:02 EDT 2011

   Regrettably, by choice, you dismiss basic facts of
 Semitics. I refer to what you've written below, and
 also about assimilation of consonants and the resultant
 doubling - dagesh - in some cases. As well as to othe
r matters.

   Only when basic facts are acknlowledged, can theories,
opinions or speculations be discussed.

   I wish you, and all list members, happy holidays.

   Uri Hurwitz                        Great Neck, NY

< There is not
a shred of evidence to the "exact opposite" claim that the dagesh
marks an obsolete (and apparently bizarre) vocal doubling of a
consonant.

Isaac Fried, Boston University >