[b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:34:51 EDT 2011

Pere,

It isn't vital to me that the word in Psalm 22:25 mean "answering" instead of "affliction". I just thought it was a possibility. I think it is also possible that the Septuagint and other translations could have guesses about a lot of words and quotes, especially the Psalms since they were translated into Greek about a thousand years later. That is a pretty long time to pass down meanings of words that are only used once in the Hebrew Bible. I guess I like to look for mistakes that  have been accepted as correct for thousands of years and this is just one of many quotes that I have looked at.

Kenneth Greifer