[b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:27:17 EDT 2011

Pere,

Are you sure Psalm 22:25 can't say "You did not hate answering an afflicted one" instead of "You did not hate to answer an afflicted one"? Genesis 45:3 uses the verb "to be able" yud kaf lamed which might need the word "to" after it before infinitives. Maybe you don't need "to" before the infinitive of the verb "to answer." Do you always need "to" in front of infinitives?

How do you know there is a noun "affliction" spelled ayin nun vav tav if it is only used once in Psalm 22:25? There is a word spelled ayin nun vav hay that is translated "humility" in Proverbs 15:33 and Proverbs 18:12. Also, Psalm 18:36 and 2 Samuel 22:36 have the word translated "humility", but I think it might say "Your answering (or Your humility) made me great" because in Psalm 18:4 and 18:7 it says David called on G-d to help him, so maybe G-d answered him.

Kenneth Greifer