[b-hebrew] Asher in Ps 51:10?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:24:08 EDT 2011

Père:

What makes you think that there should have been an “asher” there in the
first place?

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Pere Porta <pporta7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Dear listers,
>
> In Ps 51.10 ---------> must we understand the pronoun "asher" as having
> been
> (deliberately or not) forgotten/omitted before the last word "dikita"?
>
> Or maybe not?  Namely, is there a good reason for the lacking of "asher"?
>

> Pere Porta
> (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)
>
> In looking at words that end with a yod tau, I notice that apparently they
are the way that some nouns and adjectives are made of verbs usually with a
final heh, though also of some with a doubled ayin. This will need to be
studied more deeply, but on first blush it appears that this half of the
verse should be translated as “crushed bones should be cheerful”. In other
words, DKYT is an adjective, not a verb, and is connected to (CMWT. Hence
there is no reason for )$R to be in the sentence.

Karl W. Randolph.