[b-hebrew] The vowels of אֶחָד

Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:42:33 EDT 2011

> You find this humorous?  I disagree, sir, with every fibre of my being!!!
> (Well, perhaps a little...)

Well, after all, it is literally a discussion about nothing.
"As if it existed ..."  Where should we add 'nothing'?
It is also a 'sub-phonemic' feature, which means 'non-meaningful'.
I have sometimes drawn a dotted dagesh circle inside a Het to act
"as if it were there it would explain the vowels".

Of course, Seinfeld would take this seriously. So do students, with a
tongue in cheek. The important thing is to understand the argument,
and then get on with life.

--
Randall Buth, PhD
www.biblicallanguagecenter.com