[b-hebrew] Psalm 22 answering quotes

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:07:06 EDT 2011

Psalm 22:22 seems to say "...You answered me", but most translations say "answer me" with the command form. Psalm 22:25 says "You did not hate the affliction (afflicting?) an afflicted one", but it could say "You did not hate answering an afflicted one". It sounds like G-d answered the cry of the person in the from Psalm 22:2-3, but the translations make it sound like he was not answered. Am I misunderstanding the psalm?

Kenneth Greifer

"Real intellectuals can discuss any subject, but pseudo-intellectual snobs only discuss things they agree with." (I noticed many b-hebrew members have little sayings under their names, so I came up with this one. I wonder if that is allowed or do you have to quote someone else?)