[b-hebrew] eccles 10:2

Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. nir at ccet.ufrn.br
Thu Apr 7 11:09:18 EDT 2011

Doug,

as in many languages, "right" and "left" are figurative for "good/bad",
"righteous/sinister" etc. also, the expression YAD YEMINO means
a close aide, someone the leader can trust. the term YAD YEMINO
really meant that the person favored by the leader appeared publicly
to the right of the leader. it implies both YAD as direction and
YAD as aide.

in Eccles 10:2, i guess, the SMOL means "sinister"; but the phrase
may also be read as follows: for the fool the heart is reduced to its physical
location (left) whereas for the wise it also serves as a trusted guide (right).

nir cohen