[b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Apr 6 00:24:08 EDT 2011

In my bible W-HA-MA-SKIYL-IYM of Dan. 12:10 is written with a yud
between the K and the L. Indeed, there is no dagesh in the letter L,
since the dagesh hints, in my opinion, to the xiriyq and is therefore
not needed in plene writing. See, by contrast, the word $IQUC in the
next verse.
The fact that there is no dagesh in the letter T of MA-$XIT-IYM in
Jer.22:7 means, in my opinion, that a yud used to be there at the
time the dgeshim were put into the biblical text, but is now lost.

Isaac Fried, Boston University