[b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7

Pere Porta pporta7 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 10:31:36 EDT 2011

Kenneth,

I'd say that the forms you bring here are the SHORT ones.
The usual form, yes, has a yud after the second root consonant.
And so we have in Jdg 20:42 the same word you provide (of Jer 22:7) but with
yud inserted ---------> this last is, so to say, the right form.

By "other examples" (in your question) what do you mean: other examples of
short forms and their corresponding long ones? What are you thinking of?

Heartly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)

2011/4/4 kenneth greifer <greifer at hotmail.com>

> In Dan. 12:10  the word "wise ones" is spelled hay mem sin kaf lamed yud
> mem, but I thought it is supposed to have another yud in it as a hiphil
> verb. Also in Jer. 22:7 "the destroyers" is spelled mem sin het tav yud mem
> without the extra yud that a hiphil verb would have. Are these mistakes or
> is it common for hiphil verbs like these to be spelled without the yud? Are
> there other examples? I am sorry if Iam not using the correct grammatical
> terminology, but I am sure someone in B-Hebrewland understands.  Maybe one
> of you will even answer me.
>
> Kenneth Greifer

Pere Porta