[b-hebrew] Daniel 12:10 and Jeremiah 22:7

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:53:10 EDT 2011

In Dan. 12:10  the word "wise ones" is spelled hay mem sin kaf lamed yud mem, but I thought it is supposed to have another yud in it as a hiphil verb. Also in Jer. 22:7 "the destroyers" is spelled mem sin het tav yud mem without the extra yud that a hiphil verb would have. Are these mistakes or is it common for hiphil verbs like these to be spelled without the yud? Are there other examples? I am sorry if Iam not using the correct grammatical terminology, but I am sure someone in B-Hebrewland understands.  Maybe one of you will even answer me.

Kenneth Greifer