[b-hebrew] Fw: Re: Reading Jehovah in Psalm 16:2 and in Psalm 110:1 ]

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:45:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM, James Christian wrote:
> Hi Yitzhak,
> I'm not going to go into Greek transliteration schemes just now but as
> regards the third syllable what alternative would suggest:
> 1) Yehowh
> 2) Yahuwh
> neither of these seem too convincing to me.
> James Christian

Hello James,

My post (I invite you to go back and reread it) did not deal
at all with the Greek.  I asked about the theophoric names,
which is what I understood you were referring to with "yeho's
and yahu's."  What evidence is there from these prefixes
and suffixes that the name was three syllables?

Yitzhak Sapir