[b-hebrew] Reading Jehovah in Psalm 16:2 and in Psalm 110:1

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 20:06:08 EDT 2010

Dave,

Because yod doesn't take a composite sheva. You'd know that if you
would invest more in Hebrew than the money it costs to buy grammars
that sit on your shelf. Aside from the composite vs. simple sheva, the
vowels normally placed on the Tetragrammaton (though there are
exceptions) are the same as the vowels on the word אדני with kamats in
the final syllable.

Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel