[b-hebrew] Reading Jehovah in Psalm 16:2 and in Psalm 110:1

davedonnelly1 at juno.com davedonnelly1 at juno.com
Wed Jun 23 08:27:07 EDT 2010

Hi James,

In your last post on the  [b-hebrew] topic: " Reading Jehovah in Psalm
16:2 and in Psalm 110:1"
you asked me a question you have asked me many times,
and I have not answered in a way that you approved of,
although I have answered it as honestly as I could,
at the time I answered you.

You asked:

I still don't see any clear statement of a position you hold here Dave.
Could you spit it out plain and clear?
Which vocalization/translation do you support?
No need to repeat the issues to me.
I am more than aware of them.
This is a subject
I've looked into many times before.

James Christian

James,

As you know,
I profess to be a Bible Believing English speaking Christian
but I am posting on a B-Hebrew Discussion Board!!!

The New Testament that I read
[ and which Jewish persons are not subject to]
says  at II Timothy 3:16

16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
17. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all
good works

James I am caught between Christian Scriptures that clearly state that:
 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God
and the teaching of various Hebrew Scholars
that teach both on B-hebrew and
on other cites on the Internet!

Obviously the fingerprints of the Masoretes are all over the Leningrad
Codex of 1008 -1010 A,D.
as well as all over the Ben Chayyim Hebrew Text of 1525 A.D.,
YET CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES STATE CLEARLY THAT "ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY
INSPIRATION OF GOD"!

The Question that I am not able to answer is:

DO HEBREW SCHOLARS HAVE AUTHORITY FROM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM , THE GOD OF
ISAAC,  AND THE GOD OF JACOB TO DOGMATICALLY INFORM SCRIPTURE BELIEVING
CHRISTIANS HOW TO RENDER GOD'S NAME??????

Dave Donnelly