[b-hebrew] Qal passives

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Jun 20 11:21:44 EDT 2010

Seems to me that there is no need for a farfetched, scientifically
untenable,  speculation on the "influence" of Aramaic on the Hebrew
of the book of Psalms. As I see it the word תגמולוהי of Ps
116:12 contains either the compound suffixal reference הוא-היא
for the giver of the תגמול (that is, by itself, אתה-גמ-
הוא-ל with two references to the thing itself), or is with an
ending reference היא for a plural.

Isaac Fried, Boston University