[b-hebrew] Qal passives

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Sun Jun 20 06:55:25 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Christian" <jc.bhebrew at googlemail.com>
To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com>
Cc: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qal passives

> Hi Yitzhak,
>
> I've just read two or you posts from two different but related threads. In
> the one you gave me the impression that you hold the position that the
> Masoretes knew both Aramaic and Biblical Hebrew well and did not allow the
> one to influence the other and now I read this post...

I know both English and Latin, but that doesn't mean that I write English
like Latin.  Of course, past generations deliberately modeled their English
prose after Cicero, but, fortunately, they gave that up early in the 20th
century...  :)

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry