[b-hebrew] Unpointed

Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 08:24:46 EDT 2010

>>> The consonantal text is often ambiguous,
> [JC]
>> Or at least it was by the time of the Masoretes.

. . .

> Hi Randall,
> I'm not sure I see how communication is breaking down.
> James Christian

your statement could imply that the consonantal text was
unambiguous in earlier times, and that at the time of the Masoretes
maybe they didn't know enough Hebrew
so that it was becoming/became ambiguous.
That whole train of thought puts things out of perspective, makes
too many unwarranted assumptions, and it would have been
more trouble to fix than to drop.

--
Randall Buth, PhD
www.biblicalulpan.org