[b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

Arnaud Fournet fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 30 03:30:46 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: K Randolph
To: JimStinehart at aol.com
Cc: fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr ; b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

My grandfather was a professor, my father a professor, a brother-in-law
recently retired from being a professor, along with other acquaintances and
friends, I should know about the politics in academia. You are asking for
one professor to commit professional suicide, for what? Once he’s drummed
out of academia, he can safely be ignored and/or ridiculed. That’s a pretty
big price, and how many professors are willing to do that? And if you agree
with the academic politically correct beliefs, things can go well.

You, sir, have a better chance with academia than I or the people at
http://www.specialtyinterests.net/ (they make some pretty good points, but I
don’t agree with them on everything they say) because you swallow hook, line
and sinker the academic view of history. I cannot. And for linguistic
reasons I cannot agree with your theories either. Those professors who know
Hebrew will look at your linguistic arguments, and disregard your statements
on that basis, I don’t know about the history professors.

Karl W. Randolph.
***
A lighter note:
Apparently, according to your reference http://www.specialtyinterests.net/
the French Revolution belong to *Ancient* History.
Lol...

Arnaud Fournet