[b-hebrew] Pharaoh Khepera'a in Jeremiah 44:30

Will Parsons wbparsons at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 27 17:31:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:45:30 +0200, "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Parsons" <wbparsons at alum.mit.edu>

Please read more carefully!  The contradiction that I was referring to was
that the Greek transcription of Khufu by Cheops contradicts the claim that
X (chi) could not represent Egyptian kh until chi itself became a fricative.

> The point is Apries has nothing to do with kheper: it's from 'b râ =
> 'ab-ri"a.

It's possible, but it cannot be statedly dogmatically as a fact.

--
William Parsons