[b-hebrew] T-SADE

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Sat Jul 24 07:30:03 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr>
To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph at gmail.com>; "B-Hebrew"
<b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] T-SADE

Commentarium infra:

>> Arnaud:
>>
>> Interesting question.
>>
>> I don’t know about Vaticanus, but in checking the online version of LXX
>> that
>> is available for free at crosswire.org,
> ***
> Where is it exactly on the site?
> A.
> ***

>> I found that the first few chapters
>> of 1 Chronicles has almost all tsadas transliterated with simple sigmas.
>> don’t know how typical that is for the rest of Tanakh, I just chose those
>> chapters because I knew that there is where I can expect to find several
>> names with tsadas that were transliterated into Greek.

>> Does Vaticanus follow the same pattern?
>>
>> Karl W. Randolph.
> ***
> I cannot answer that question.

> I wonder if there is some standardization in the way the on-line texts
> would reflect sigmas or not, making them all sigmas for example, whatever
> the original transcriptions were.

Accept for pictures of an occasional leaf, Vaticanus is not online.  There
are more and more manuscripts available now, including all or most of
Sinaiticus:

http://www.greek-language.com/greek.manuscripts.gateway/

Are there any similar cites for Hebrew manuscripts?  Kirk?

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry