[b-hebrew] T-SADE

Arnaud Fournet fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 23 05:46:39 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: James Christian
To: Arnaud Fournet

[Clipped]

May I suggest to whoever offended Yitzhak to just give an apology (no matter
how ingenuine) so that we can get on and discuss something useful. This
definition of mythology discussion isn't going anywhere useful that I can
see.

James Christian

***

Maybe this has already been discussed before, but I have some questions
about the affricate or non affricate pronunciation of (T)SADE.

Cantineau 1954 discusses a Greek manuscrit called Vaticanus of the
Lamentations supposedly dating back to the IVth century AD, which mentions
in Greek letters Tau-Sigma-Alpha-D-Eta as name of that letter. He infers
from that document that the affricate pronunciation must be old and possibly
the original one.
So I have a handful of questions about the presumed authenticity of that
manuscrit, its dating and its relevance for TSADE or SADE, possible
alterations or any reason to conclude in this or that direction, or not to
conclude at all, or to prefer some other better reference for that issue.
What should exactly be thought about that issue?

Many Thanks.

Arnaud Fournet