[b-hebrew] Nooo! Don't go!

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 16:19:08 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr>
To: "Oun Kwon" <kwonbbl at gmail.com>
Cc: "Barry" <nebarry at verizon.net>; <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nooo! Don't go!

> I'm not sure the forum is about discussing Wikipedia.
> But to put it short, it is quite certain that what Wikipedia states about
> Hurrian is complete crap.
> And it's no less certain that I'm not going to move one finger to change
> anything about that situation.
> The whole logic of Wikipedia is flawed from the start.
> I cannot change it and I don't care. It's better if it's clear that it's
> full-fledged unreliable crap. The worse the better.
> Efforts to make it half crap are useless.
> Imagine what the Bible would look like if it had been submitted to a
> wikipedesque process for centuries.
>
> If I want to state my case, I prefer publishing something on Scribd or on
> a professional site or journal where my words cannot be distorted against
> my will.
> In addition peer-review is sometimes (but not always...) an added value.
> If you're lucky enough to fall on a competent and open-minded reviewer, it
> may become a real positive experience.
> It's not impossible. It sometimes happens.

I saw some of your online materials with regard to Hurrian and a few other
topics.  Were any of these published by a journal or academic publisher?
What was the general reaction of Hurrian and I-E scholars to your theses?

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry