[b-hebrew] Nooo! Don't go!

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 01:46:03 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yohanan bin-Dawidh" <yohanan.bin.dawidh at gmail.com>
To: <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>; <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nooo! Don't go!

>This is why when people tell me that the *H*umash is a “myth” as is the
>rest of the Miq’ra, I do not get upset, but rather I tell them “It is the
>cultural stories, traditions, history or beliefs of my people, much like
>the myths of Constitution of the United States of America, Bill of Rights
>and U.S. History books are to the citizens of the nited States of America.”

I have used evolution as an example of current mythology.  It's used to
explain origins, to explain human and animal behavior, etc., etc.  Doesn't
matter whether it's true or not -- it functions mythically in our culture.

Back to Hebrew.  This list is about Hebrew, isn't it?

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry