[b-hebrew] God's "This is my name forever name"

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Mon Jul 12 08:12:51 EDT 2010

Dave,

First of all, this verse has been discussed.

Second, since the NKJV's "The Lord" is a translation of the Hebrew YHWH,
your question should be:

Is God's "This is my name forever" name:
"YHWH God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God
of Jacob",

OR

Just "YHWH",

with all the rest being a description or title of one sort or another.

Right?

I'd go for the second, but I won't call anyone who thinks otherwise an
imbecile.

Yigal Levin