[b-hebrew] Jerusalem: wild guess about meaning

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 18:58:15 EDT 2010

I have a wild guess about what the two spellings of Jerusalem could mean, but I can't remember if I ever mentioned it here.

Yerush  or yerusha (possessed) shalem (whole) or yerush or yerusha (possessed) leyam (to the west)

Sometimes Jerusalem was possessed totally and sometimes only part of it to the west. Even if I am wrong, I still think it is an interesting possibility.

Sorry to offer a non-scholarly amateur wild guess, but that is the best I can do.

Kenneth Greifer