[b-hebrew] [Can theophopric names with Yeho prefixes be derived from Yehovah or maybe from Yehowah or maybe from "Yahweh"?

James Christian jc.bhebrew at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:16:27 EDT 2010

Hi Yitzhak,

I suppose nobody really bothered explaining because it is in itself self
explanatory. We have shortened forms Yeho and Yahu which are bisyllabic and
account for the first three consonants of Yhwh only. We are left with one
unexplained consonant and the only logical way of completing the name is to
supply some vowel proceeding the final consonant such that it is
pronounceable. Now, did this really have to made explicit or was your
question for rhetorical effect only?

James Christian