[b-hebrew] the dead returns

Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. nir at ccet.ufrn.br
Tue Dec 28 19:21:20 EST 2010

fred,

my allusion to aramaic, as well as to the recitation profession, was made in the context of the masoretic texts, i.e. relevant to at least a couple of centuries later.
maybe i was missint the point of the thread, in which case you may just ignore my non-expert input.

as to your big question:

> What language was the average hebrew speaking on the streets of nazareth in 64 a.d.?

i cannot help you, but clearly some conclusion must have been reached
by the historians of this period.

nir cohen

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:07:15 -0600, fred burlingame wrote