[b-hebrew] Was the MT for public consumption?

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:24:32 EST 2010

The printing press and its descendant barnes & noble, did indeed open the
leningrad codex ("Codex") to public consumption.

Whether the Codex records the truth or error in all or parts of it, seems
inclined more towards faith, rather than fact. And as I am instructed daily
here ...., matters of faith become out of bounds here.

But ... that being said ... you might want to look at 1 chronicles 15:18.
Five of the names appearing in that verse adopted the first 3/4's of the
name that interests you, יהוה, for the latter 1/4 of those davidic orchestra
members' names. This phenomenon commonly occurs across the masoretic text.

And the pronunciation markers or vowel pointing of that portion of יהוה in
those proper names, never changes throughout the Codex. Perhaps the solution
to your puzzle appears right before your eyes.

regards,

fred burlingame