[b-hebrew] Was the MT for public consumption?

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 13:03:21 EST 2010

Have you considered the possibility that the manufacturers of leningrad
codex intentionally and incorrectly marked this name יהוה for pronunciation?
And why?

Because the correct pronunciation of this name by anyone other than כהן גדול
= the no. 1 offense and wrong that can be committed by the intended
consumers of the book?

Hence, the name was intentionally pointed for erroneous pronunciation to
avoid intentional and inadvertent correct vocalization of the name.

regards,

fred burlingame

 I am deeply involved in the issue of what God's name is, while it is my