[b-hebrew] Was the MT for public consumption?

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:19:30 EST 2010

Hello George;

You could be correct. I was not present at that time.

But .... when manufacture of a single book the size of the bible consumes
years of one scribe's full time effort, .... it seems improbable that the
masoretic text resulted for any, but a relatively few teachers; and surely
not the general population of millions of consumers.

http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/permanent/gutenberg/html/2.html

regards,

fred burlingame