[b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam (was: Song of Songs 1:12)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Dec 22 14:35:10 EST 2010

I think I know what language Adam spoke in the garden of Eden: It was a
root-based proto-Hebrew, of only single-consonant roots, and with the
vowels A, I and U, only, of which U and I served as identity markers. But,
as soon as he got a talkative, sensitive and inquisitive wife, they
rapidly developed their language, principally by making
two-and-three-consonant roots out of the single-consonant roots, while
also letting loose their power of imagination.

Isaac Fried, Boston University