[b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam (was: Song of Songs 1:12)

Ted Walther ted at reactor-core.org
Tue Dec 21 19:21:43 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 02:22:29PM -0800, K Randolph wrote:
>Can you give one ancient written example of proto-Semitic? If not, why should
>we treat it as anything more than a made up language based on a theory that
>could very well be wrong in many ways? Including the so-called ayin/ghayin
>split (which apparently exists for Arabic, but did it ever for Biblical
>Hebrew?)?

Accepting the ayin/ghayin split gave me better understanding of the word
"ivrit" and its dual meanings.  Spelled with a ghayin, it is very close to the
English word "anger".  With the ayin, it is very close to English "over".  I
know not everyone agrees with Edenics, but I found it it a fascinating link.

Ted