[b-hebrew] figurative vs. literal

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sat Dec 18 16:48:32 EST 2010

In my Humble opinion the single-consonant Hebrew root L signifies
loftiness, elevation (or elongation). Every Hebrew root containing L
contains reference to this basic concept.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

> The two little letters )L combined in this manner, enjoy a wide
> horizontal & vertical range of meaning, depending on context; presence
or absence of vowels; plural or singular; differing shades
pronunciation; etc. Witness strong's numbers 352, 408, 410, 411, 413,
414, 421, 422, 423, 424, 428, 430, 433. Does not this word flexibility
imply the two halves of the language; the one literal; the other
figurative?