Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. nir at ccet.ufrn.br
Thu Dec 16 17:25:56 EST 2010

paul,

my arabic is as XALUD as yours, and you caught me without the dictionary.
but tradukka gives

جعل الخالدة    ==  make eternal

(i would not vouch for the grammatical combination here) where X in XALADA
is XA with the dot. i believe XA and dotted-XHA jointly correspond to hebrew
X=XET, so that the fit is as good as could be expected. (also,
HINZIAX=XALAD in my previous message should really be HINZIAX=HALADA).

my use of KH vs X is not phonetical, and i wish somebody out there would point
me to the conventions you are using for hebrew and arabic.

nir