[b-hebrew] on eternity

Paul Zellmer pzellmer at sc.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 15:48:53 EST 2010

As Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic, there is a similarity between a
number of the roots.  Where the roots are similar, the root letters tend to
have a one-to-one relationship.  My term, "equivalent," refers to which
letter is generally used in similar roots when the initial letter of kh'alad
is found in Arabic.  More specifically, does kh'alad start with a kaaf, kha,
or qaaf.  If memory serves me right, it starts with kaaf, which, in similar
roots between the two languages, is the equivalent of the Hebrew kaf.

More generally, through comparative linguistics. J

Paul Zellmer