[b-hebrew] on eternity

Paul Zellmer pzellmer at sc.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 11:59:53 EST 2010

Nir,

Admittedly, my Arabic is very rusty, so can you help my weak memory.

As I understand your post, your dictionary gave the Hebrew translation of
KH'ALAD as HINTZIAKH (הנצח).  Am I correct in that understanding?

In his response post, Fred Burlingame cited Psalm 89, and apparently saw a
relationship between KH'ALAD and XLD (חלד).  But, in my failing memory, I
seem to recall that the equivalent Hebrew letter to the Arabic
transliteration K(H) is כ, not ח.  Am I remembering incorrectly?

Thanks for the help,

Paul Zellmer