[b-hebrew] Fish and Tree

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:37:07 EST 2010

Hello Matthew:

Thanks for your kind comments. I welcome your input.

My intent was/is not to become problem child of this forum. I simply wish to
learn more of the language. But the more I listen here, the more the
language seems to resemble the paradox manifest by uncertainty principle and
wave/particle duality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave%E2%80%93particle_duality

I am happy to accept:

a. the impossibility of one to one correspondence between words of different
languages; and

b. the clarification of word meaning by usage context.

But even then, דג means wood; and עץ means fish .... never.

Likewise, time and eternity represent two mutually exclusive concepts. Time
changes. Eternity does not. Time enjoys past and future character. Eternity
does not.

Hence, Jonah cannot (reasonably) describe his condition as eternal, because
the change he seeks becomes impossible in eternity.

I invite however, your advices as to your understanding of עולם in the
context of jonah 2:6.

regards,

fred burlingame