fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:00:36 EST 2010

Hello Karl:

Thanks for your comments.

Please forgive my inability to understand you.

Perhaps the following examples will illuminate the issue confronting me.

When I see the following two biblical hebrew words; I understand the
prevailing and generally accepted english meanings of these words as
follows:

a. דג = fish;

b. עץ = tree.

And

c. עולם = ?

Or to say it another way; if "dag" means fish; and "etz" means tree; what
does "olam" mean?

It all seems so simple.

There must be some straightforward meaning attached to the hebrew word עולם
; just as a simple meaning attaches to דג and עץ . ?

What is the meaning of olam in biblical hebrew?

regards,

fred burlingame