[b-hebrew] Song of Songs 1:12

Pere Porta pporta7 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:31:34 EST 2010

Dear Uri,

the right issue was:

"pattern consisting of hofal of verbs ayin-waw + second person singular
suffix does not exist in the Hebrew language".

Passive binyanims by their nature take no personal suffix, do they?

[On the contrary, pattern consisting of hifil of verbs ayin-waw + second
person singular suffix, yes, this exists].

Greetings

Pere Porta

2010/12/13 Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz at yahoo.com>

>   Hello Pere,
>
>   I did'nt follow the whole exchange, but came across
>  the following:
>
>      [Pere]" So, Hebrew lacks the pattern
>  "hofal of verbs ayin-waw + second person  singular
>  pronoun...."
>
>    What about HUQAMTA, MUQAM, TUQAM?
>
>    Did you expect to find in the text each  biblical
>  root conjugated in all Binyanim, for all persons?
>
>    Regards,
>
>    Uri Hurwitz                              Great Neck, NY

Pere Porta