[b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam

fred burlingame tensorpath at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 13:03:36 EST 2010

Hello Isaac:

Thanks for your comments.

You could be right, since I am but the consumer 1,000 years removed, rather
than the creator, of the masoretic text.

But ... how do you read עד עולם in genesis 13:15; and in the context of 2
chronicles 36:17? "forever?" "eternally?" And if so, how do you define
"forever" and "eternally" in terms of length of time?

Or perhaps you understand עד עולם in this particular context, in yet a third
and different manner?

I look forward to hearing from you, on your precise meaning of this phrase
in this verse?

I note in closing that surely someone else's house stands on that land today
at this very moment.

regards,

fred burlingame