[b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam (was: Song of Songs 1:12)

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 17:22:29 EST 2010

Uri:

Can you give one ancient written example of proto-Semitic? If not, why
should we treat it as anything more than a made up language based on a
 theory that could very well be wrong in many ways? Including the so-called
ayin/ghayin split (which apparently exists for Arabic, but did it ever for
Biblical Hebrew?)?

Karl W. Randolph.