[b-hebrew] Ecc 4:3

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:26:07 EST 2010

You are right! I also think that ADEY is plural. Why? because it
appears to me that this tsere is a double xirik for a doubly
truncated HIY) ( היא ), thus:
עדי = עד-היא-היא
which, I think, is an old plural form, before the addition of M to
make HEM ( הם ).
In Eccl. 4:2-3 ADENAH is obviously AD-HENAH ( עד-הנה ). In verse
3 it is ADEN = AD-HEN.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Dec 10, 2010, at 1:47 AM, Pere Porta wrote