[b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam (was: Song of Songs 1:12)

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Dec 9 23:58:15 EST 2010

1. I agree with you that AD-OLAM is 'forever', still, ELEM is a
'young adult'.

2. Adultery is not a Hebrew word.

3. I think that the component EL in ELEM is related to Strong's 5924
and 5925. It is also related to EIYAL ( איל ), 'strength,
superiority', as in Ps. 88:5, and also to (UL ( עול ), 'young', as
in Is. 65:20.

4. Strong's 5956 is 'cover, heap-over, pile-over, grow-over, surmount'.

Isaac Fried, Boston University