[b-hebrew] Genitives/construct state in Isa 9:5

Kenneth Litwak javajedi2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:56:55 EST 2010

  This last weekend I read a commentary on Isa 9:1-6 in preparation for a sermon.  The author stated that Isa 9:5 has four pairs of words, and since three of those pairs have a genitive relationship, the fourth, PL) YW(C, likely does as well (making it "supernatural counselor" rather than "wonderful, counselor).   In looking at the other pairs, however, SR SLWM appears to be the only pair in construct.   )L GBWR and )BY (D just look like nouns followed by adjectives.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks.

Ken