[b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Wed Apr 28 17:14:34 EDT 2010

Well, we definitely will not agree on this one, Karl. Akhenaton was definitely 14th century BC, and Amarna belongs squarely in his reign. Settlement in Palestine might have been thin at this time, but there were still political entities there. This is even why it is probable that there were Israelite and Judean polities in the sparsely urbanised Iron I period.

I know you always scorn scholarly consensus, but you've really gone out on a limb with this one. I'm afraid I can't join you there this time, my friend.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au