[b-hebrew] Darius the Mede

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:24:55 EDT 2010

Ron:

There are two main problems I see in identifying Darius the Mede:

1) the destruction of Persian records by Alexander the Great, so that all we
have left are the Bible and a few scattered records from other sources,

2) I suspect Cyrus the Great as having tried to erase records of Darius the
Mede to justify his rule over his erstwhile ally, or more accurately he may
have been a top general under Darius and now he wanted to justify his taking
over Darius’ kingdom.

We may never know what actually happened.

Karl W. Randolph.