[b-hebrew] Karl and Anson

dwashbur at nyx.net dwashbur at nyx.net
Tue Apr 13 15:59:33 EDT 2010

Karl,
I have to agree with Yigal on this one.  I don't agree with a lot that Rainey has written, nor
have I ever gotten to meet him, but he is definitely a "big name" in the field, and good
scholarship requires at least intereracting with his material.  I suspect you were just in a
hurry when you referred to him as "nobody."  That, he most certainly is not.

On 13 Apr 2010 at 21:45, Yigal Levin wrote:

> Karl, you can be excused for not knowing who Anson Rainey is, and
> even if
> you did, you would not have to accept him as an authority for
> anything.
> However your attitude towards others, on the list and off it, has
> lately
> become totally out of bounds. The same is true of your replies to
> Jim. You
> obviously do not have to accept his theories (no-one else does!),
> and you do
> have the prerogative of not answering him (which is what I have
> learned to
> do). But if you do chose to engage him in debate, please keep your
> language
> appropriately respectful.

Dave Washburn

http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur